Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hitting the Ice

Welcome to Big D Hockey, and thanks for taking a look at what's going on here. I hope I'll be able to bring you an educated look into this NHL season and spark some discussion about how things unfold for the Dallas Stars, the Western Conference and the league itself. Everyone has their favorite team, and I'm no exception to the rule (Go Stars!), but I'm a pretty objective person, I think, and I'm looking forward to some great debates and discussions this season if we can get enough people involved. Please don't be afraid to toss the gloves off and be the "third man in" if you see a discussion you want to weigh in on.

Also, being a fan of the sport of hockey at all levels, I'll do my best to get you some updates from the CHL, a league I used to cover when I was the beat writer for the Odessa Jackalopes at the Midland Reporter-Telegram. I still follow the players and coaches, and have a few contacts I can check with throughout the year, so I hope to give you some insight for a few teams in that league as well. This season will be a wash for the NAHL's Texas Tornado, located up in Frisco, due to some renovations being done to the Deja Blue Arena, where they play. But, if I hear any news surrounding the team, that's certainly fair game as well.

Look forward to seeing you as the season moves along. Go Stars!! And Game On!!

No comments: